Managing Stress & Giving your Life a Good Clear Out
We’ve all been there: Why only undertake a simple task when you can juggle three things at once? And suddenly you find yourself on a one-way trip to burn-out. And what happens when we get stressed? You guessed it, cold sores.
Our brand ambassador Hayley Hall knows this vicious cycle all too well. Below she gives her tips on how to manage stressors and how to give your life a spring clean.
Juggling Everything & Unrealistic Expectations
For me, self employment is the embodiment of that burning desire to continually reach further and get more into my working day, but it’s also the downfall of a personality that doesn’t know when to quit. Having no set routine, no end to the office day and no such thing as a working week can be a blessing and a curse; yes it provides the flexibility for me to fill my days in the way that I wish to, but it also can cause a horrendous level of stress as there’s always ten more things on my ‘to do’ list that need to be actioned immediately.
As modern women we’ve never been under so much pressure (from both ourselves and external forces) to achieve so much and do so with a smile on our faces.
We’re all striving to manage a successful career, have a kick ass social life, have and bring up a family, look after our ageing generations, keeping our social media accounts looking like we live the life of a Kardashian, watching all of the Netflix, visiting as many exotic locations as we can tick off in the space of a year, having an on-trend haircut and all the time being oh-so-humble about everything we’ve managed to fit into a 24 hour period.
It’s just too much. I know I always put so much pressure on myself, but it’s important to often take a step back to understand what’s making you stressed and how to remove that from your life.
Stress Wreaking Havoc on your Health & how to Cope
What’s even more stressful about stress is that it can lead to everything from dull skin to breakouts, insomnia to cold sores. Although a face mask, tonne of water and an early night can be just what the doctor ordered, it’s also great to know when there’s a product that will help to eliminate even the smallest manifestation of those emotions.
Fortunately lipivir® understand that the appearance of a cold sore can be confidence draining and stressful in itself, and that we all want to be armed with the tools to ensure we feel our best. As a result they set about creating something to help: a lightweight gel that can be applied to the affected area daily to help prevent the appearance of cold sores.
As someone that suffers from cold sores, I can tell you that having the peace of mind that I’m going to be cold sore free even in the most stressful of situations is one less thing to worry about.
A note to all of you reading that may be getting increasingly stressed and feeling alone: I can promise you you’re not.
To help, here’s some advice to both you and myself to help get ahead of the stress factors we can’t control, by doing some metaphorical life spring cleaning.
Top tips for managing Stress:
- Prioritise. What’s actually really important and what can wait? What can be delegated and what can be put on hold? Nobody can work 14 hour days continually and not fall apart.
- Learn to say no. Whether that’s work, family or social commitments, it’s ok to turn things down or say you’re too busy (even when you’re just catching up on murder documentaries.)
- Understanding our health is just as important as everyone else’s. It’s all very well trying to look after everyone else and make sure they’re ok, but if you don’t look after yourself simultaneously then you’re all screwed.
- Cut unhealthy connections out of your life. Whether that’s a toxic friendship, a client that keeps you awake at night or a family member that can’t take no for an answer, just put them on mute.
- Take time for you. A hot bath, glass of wine and a good book can really put everything into perspective; just imagine what a day at the spa or a mini break could do!
Additionally, since I’ve been going to the gym a few times a week my stress levels have definitely decreased, and during heightened times it really helps to do nothing but count the number of repetitions on the leg press. Even if I take a trip down at 9.30pm at night, a sweaty session helps to release my tension and calm my mind – as well as releasing endorphins which in turn help to create some much needed positivity.
So, in conclusion, please don’t forget to give yourself a break every now and again. Life should be for living, not worrying. Let’s not forget that.
Source: Original Post from Hayley Hall’s Blog