The Symptoms of Cold Sores:
- A tingling sensation is usually the first sign, and lipivir should be applied immediately to provide relief and help prevent cold sores from breaking out
- Sensitivity and skin tightness often occur when changes are happening quickly to your body.
- High temperature and fever, especially if you feel nauseous and your temperature is 38C/100.4F or above.
- Swollen lymph nodes or a sore throat are signs that your body is trying to fight the virus.
- Blisters happen when the cold sore has already begun to break out, which causes dry skin and eventually small fluid-filled sores appear.
The Causes of Cold Sores:
- Stress and fatigue caused by a series of factors including working late, not sleeping enough and constantly worrying.
- Strong sunlight and UV-rays are the main weather culprit – not cold weather as commonly thought.
- A low immune system makes it more likely for you to develop a cold sore.
- Strong emotional responses that spark fear, disgust or sadness can often lead to an outbreak of cold sores.
- Hormone imbalance, especially in women aged between 25-35 and 45-55, are most susceptible to cold sores because of menstrual cycles and menopause.
Preventing Cold Sores:
- Use lipivir as part of your daily routine, applying it morning and evening to maximise protection and prevent cold sores from developing.
- Combat stress by making time for activities that you enjoy, or try practicing mindfulness and meditation through books or apps like HeadSpace.
- Wear suncream and a hat to prevent UV-rays triggering cold sores on holidays and during summer.
- Exercise regularly and eat a balanced diet of protein and carbohydrates, to strengthen your immune system.
- Don’t come into contact with anyone carrying the virus, as it can be carried by kissing or through sharing cups, towels and razors.